Tis that time of the year, after the high of the holidays & the impossible intentions we set for ourselves, mid January comes, and Spring seems to be a long long way from home. Suddenly we feel a little bit less strong, a lot more stressed, and decide we’re done before even trying.
The weather is the weather, it’s not bad or good, but every jolly season invites a dear friend along who roughly by March tends to go away, yes, it is the Winter Blues.
And when the blues hits, going down seems the easier road, it doesn’t even matter how, whether tumbling or rolling down the hill, both seem much better options than climbing up the steepness ahead… you know the beat.. There ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone!
Well, this is precisely when we need our tools, because when we feel great who needs them right? We are on a roll to stardom, but boy, when we do, we really do.
So let’s get to work.
There are several things you can do to elevate your mood and energy, when it comes to lifestyle, supplements etc, and please remember I am not a doctor, I am a lifestyle & health coach, so these are just suggestions that work for me and many souls out there, no diagnosis from this mama, if in doubt, check with your health (hopefully) care providers.
Are you still there? sure 🙂 if you are.. this is the list! The one & only!
1. Always number one: Meditation! Here I go again, but I promise you, there’s nothing like it, you can listen to guided ones to start with, body scans are great to get into your physicality, breath meditations to connect to the present moment, there are endless resources on the net, but reach out to me if you want something specific. Meditate while walking, sitting, making love, cooking, find your way, because truly it is the only way you’ll stick with it.
2. Check your vitamin levels, B complex & D supplements might do wonders. Remember no sun, no D.
3. Become acquainted with adaptogens, a unique type of healing plants, as naturopath Edward Wallace explains, an adaptogen doesn’t have a specific action, it helps you respond to any influence or stressor, normalizing your physiological functions. The one that really works for my energy levels is Rhodiola Rosea, but do your research, some of them include ashwaganda, astragalus, ginseng, licorice root and holy basil.
4. I have a confession to make: This week I went to a Zumba class for the first time in my life, x%^&**“!!! this yogi & I are now converts, we have fallen in love, so much so indeed I didn’t notice I was actually exercising while increasing my endorphins, double bonus! yes! those puppies are our friends, love them! I get rosie cheeks, feel like I’ve smoked something without the side effects, a total winner. So get your bootie moving & your heart pumping.. No time to hit the gym? get the jump rope for 15 minutes twice a day, your lymphatic system (which is the garbage collector and the largest circulatory system in the body) will appreciate you for that as it doesn’t have a pump (like the heart) and needs your kind assistance to move the fluid.
5. Drink lots of water, si, si, mas agua por favor! No need to elaborate further here.
6. Get out, breath in the fresh air. Come on gorgeous, you can do it! one breath in, one breath out, feel better already
7. Wind down at the end of the day with a bath with Epsom Salts and essential oils. Epsom Salts relax the muscles and are a great way to replenish magnesium levels, which help release serotonin, creating a feeling of relaxation. Experts (whoever they are) believe that bathing with Epsom salts several times a week helps you look better, feel better and gain more energy, 2 to go please!
And last but not least, honor this time to go within, there is a reason for the seasons, slow down, pay attention and remember: your body is a messenger full of wisdom.
Well that’s all folks..stay warm & take care of each other
Much love MR
Crafting the Life Well Lived
How You Live your Life Matters xx
Reach out to me if you need support living your best life, whether is in the Life, Business or Health department, I am here for you. Book your complimentary 30 minute session, there is no time like the present to start living life in your terms.